martes, 25 de octubre de 2016

Past simple, Past continuous and 'used to'

Activity 1. Past continuous and past simple. Click here to read some examples and do the grammar exercise. Click here if you need to practise the pronunciation of the past of regular verbs.

Activity 2. Choose the correct answer.

Activity 3. Click on the words in the correct order.

Activity 4. Listen to the song and complete the gaps. (You'll find the answers as a comment to the post)



You (1) ______________ to me like
I was the only one around
You (2)
______________  on me
The only other choice was falling down
You (3)
______________ with me like
We had nowhere we needed to go
Nice and slow
To no place in particular

CHORUS:
We (4) ______________ this figured out
We (5)
______________ without a doubt
When nights were clear, you were the first star that I'd see
We (6)
______________  this under control
We never thought we (7) _______________
At least there's you
And at least there's me
Can we get this back
Can we get this back
To how it
(8) ______________?

I (9______________ for you when
I got lost along the way
I (10)
______________ you
You always had the just right thing to say
I (11
______________ 
Never really cared where we would go
Fast or slow
To anywhere at all


CHORUS

I look around me
And I want you to be there
'Cause I miss the things that we shared
Look around you
It's empty, and you're sad
'Cause you miss the love that we had
You (12) ___________to me like
I was the only one around
The only one around


CHORUS

3 comentarios:

  1. 1. used to talk
    2. used to lean
    3. used to walk
    4. used to have
    5. used to breathe
    6. used to have
    7. used to know
    8. used to be
    9. used to reach
    10. used to listen
    11. used to follow
    12. used to talk

    ResponderEliminar